Time for an update on my sister Sara’s health situation. To review: for months and months now she’s been dealing with anemia & an enlarged spleen. Doctors in Charlotte have not been able to figure out what’s wrong with her and they also can’t decide if they should take her spleen out or leave it in. She is tired all the time. She is swollen to the point that she looks pregnant. She can’t ride in a car for more than an hour without pain. Sleeping is a problem because of the pain. A few weeks ago we went to Wake Forest University to see a doctor that was supposed to diagnose her. Finally her blood tests came back. They STILL don’t know what’s wrong with her.
Last week her doctors here put her on a new medication. Continue reading
When I was in middle school in the 80s I got my ears double pierced and my left ear triple pierced. That made me three times cooler than the average chick, ya know. Every now and then I’ll find myself poking an earring back through those extra holes. I haven’t worn earrings in those holes in years and years, yet some odd compulsion has me sticking an earring through them periodically. Why? Is my subconcious worried that wearing all of your earrings at once will come back in fashion and I’ll be left with just 2 holes to adorn? At least I’m not still pegging my acid washed jeans or jacking my bangs up a mile high anymore. Although that would be totally rad.
Twitter is partly to blame for my lack of blogging lately. But don’t be mad at Twitter, good things happen there. For instance, Hugh Jackman, yep, the real Hugh Jackman tweets. And he started a contest on Twitter where he’d donate $100,000 to a tweeter’s favorite charity. You had to tweet him the charity & why he should pick it. He ended up splitting the $100k between 2 very deserving charities. How great is that? And he twitters himself. He doesn’t have some assistant do it. Love him!
Then there’s one of my favorite singers, Lily Allen. She also tweets herself. While on her American tour this Spring she would tweet clues to her fans. Then they would follow the clues to find 3 sets of free tickets to her show! She did this for just about every show I think. And the coolest part is that she’d hang out and see that the tickets were found then meet & have pics taken with the winners. I just think that was such a cool thing to do. Especially in this economy. Sometimes she’d even include VIP passes. Love her!
I love Twitter cause I can update my Facebook status via text from my cell while out and about. Plus it’s fun to tweet back and forth with tweeps. Their tweets get sent to my cell via text too. So go sign up & follow me!
I’m also having a bit of blogger’s block. I’m going to attribute this to CSP being on vacation this week. That means I’m spending less time at the computer, less time writing in my journal, less time writing in general, cause I’m spending all my time hanging with my homeboy. Facebook & Twitter aren’t suffering. Maybe that’s because they are quickies. Hopefully I’ll snap back out of this once he goes back to work next week.
Anyone up for a Spring session of Photo Bloggy Days soon?
I’ve done pretty well with my reading this year up until a week or so ago. Here’s my list of books read so far in 2009:
- Black Notice, Patricia Cornwell
- True Believer, Nicholas Sparks
- A Walk to Remember, Nicholas Sparks
- All About Him, Denise Jackson
- The Lucky One, Nicholas Sparks
- Remember Me?, Sophie Kinsella
- Change of Heart, Jodi Picoult
- Last Precinct, Patricia Cornwell
- Vanishing Acts, Jodi Picoult
- Memory Keeper’s Daughter, Kim Edwards
- My Sister’s Keeper, Jodi Picoult
- Undomestic Goddess, Sophie Kinsella
- The Pact, Jodi Picoult
- Nineteen Minutes, Jodi Picoult
- The Artist’s Way, Julia Cameron
- Are You There Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea, Chelsea Handler
- Picture Perfect, Jodi Picoult
- Confessions of a Shopaholic, Sophie Kinsella
- The Idiot Girls’ Action Adventure Club, Laurie Notaro
- An Idiot Girls’ Christmas, Laurie Notaro
- Twilight, Stephenie Meyer
- Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, Sophie Kinsella
- Mr. Maybe, Jane Green
- Little White Lies, Gemma Townley
- New Moon, Stephenie Meyer
- Eclipse, Stephenie Meyer
- Breaking Dawn, Stephenie Meyer
- Shopaholic Ties The Knot, Sophie Kinsella
- Shopaholic and Sister, Sophie Kinsella
- Shopaholic and Baby, Sophie Kinsella
- The Hopeless Romantic’s Handbook, Gemma Townley
Something happened though. Once I finished the Twilight books & Shopaholic series I lost my mojo. I finished Hopeless Romantic just fine, but since then I haven’t had much interest in reading. The library emails me when a book from my list is ready to pick up, but nothing is getting me excited. Hmmm. I do have Knit Two here at home so maybe that will get me going.