I am a HUGE fan of the Hunger Games books and I am SO excited about the movie! Usually I don’t get too excited about promotional tie ins but I saw the Hunger Games nail polishes by China Glaze and fell in love! They have a ton of gorgeous colors. I controlled myself though and chose 2. I chose Riveting and Luxe and Lush. LOVE them! I also really like Fast Track, Stone Cold, Hook and Line, and Smoke and Ashes but a girl’s on a budget. Electrify was pretty amazing looking too. Luxe and Lush goes on clear with big chunks of pearlized glitter. I like it over Riveting for my fingers and Riveting alone on my toes. I’ll be all decked out for the premiere! By the way, another reason I can’t wait to see the movie is that it was filmed right here in NC! They filmed in Charlotte, Concord (just North of CLT), and outside of Asheville. Funny, I don’t remember Lenny Kravitz asking me to hobknob with him!
I have two girl crushes. One is Lee Anne Wong from the Cooking Channel. She is on a show called Unique Eats that CSP watches all the time. I noticed her voice first. She has a great voice. I mentioned ONE TIME to CSP that I thought she was pretty and now every time she’s on the screen he yells “There’s your girlfriend!” You know how he is.
My other girl crush is Mila Kunis. I liked her on That 70’s Show just fine but really started liking her when she was in that movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Then Black Swan sealed the deal. She has a great voice too. Plus she’s funny. I can’t wait to see her in Friends With Benefits.
I haven’t told CSP about Mila yet. I can’t have him yelling in the movies.
- eBay. Don’t be all like “Dude, I was loving eBay back in 2001.” Yeah, I know. But I went a while without shopping on eBay and over the last year I’ve gotten back into it. There are some serious deals to be had. I fell in love with these earrings at a Lia Sophia jewelry party a while back. But they were like $24 or something. I found them on eBay for $6. With shipping. They are my absolute favorite earrings.
- My latest eBay purchase is actually a birthday present from CSP. I’ve been coveting my sister Sara’s Black Rapid camera strap. Well, those sell for upwards of $50. I found it on eBay for $18 with shipping! Mine may be a different brand, I’m not sure as it came from Brooklyn and while it was new in the package (like the earrings-used earrings would be gross) it has a Q on it instead of an R. Whatever. It works the same and now we have $$ left over! I love it so much! It holds the camera down on your hip so it’s not bouncing off the girls right in my way. LOVE.
- Revlon Scents of Summer Nail Polish. Scented nail polish. At first I was dubious. I bought the Coconut Crush and the Ocean Breeze at CVS for less than $1 each with coupons. I use the Ocean Breeze on my toes (makes me feel like a mermaid) & the Coconut Crush on my fingers. It really smells like coconuts! Plus the colors are fab. I painted Olivia’s nails with the aqua as the base and white polka dots. She said her hands smelled “refreshing”.
- Cuddling in the bed watching movies with CSP & the pugs.
- Adele. Buy her album 21. It’s amazing. I can’t stop listening to it. 19 is fabulous too, but right now 21 is on repeat in my car.
I’m on the Comedy Zone’s email list and the other day I saw they were giving away tickets to Craig Ferguson‘s show. I replied to the email but my hopes weren’t up. They sent the email out at 10 am and I didn’t see it until 1 pm so I thought my chances were pretty slim. But somehow I won! CSP was scheduled to close at work so he couldn’t go. But I remembered that Gigi loves Craig so I called her up. I picked her up after work and we had dinner at Red Bowl. Love that place. Then we made our way to Oven’s Auditorium. The people watching was pretty top notch. We ended up with pretty good seats, especially since they were free! There was an opening guy but I don’t remember his name. Trust me though, you don’t want to see that dude’s show. He literally read his jokes from big cards in his hand. It’s like they just found him on the side of the road and said “Here, read these jokes and we’ll give you $50.” He was terrible. Then this giant genie and a little person wheeled out a treasure chest. Pardon the pics. No flash photography and I was using my old iPhone. There were a couple puppets in the treasure chest.
Then finally Craig came out. He was really cute and funny. I just love his accent! It was pretty cool to see him since I’ve seen quite a few of his movies, watched him on the Drew Carey show for so long, and also watched his late night show. Gigi commented that it must be a LOT of pressure to walk out on stage and it’s just you and a microphone and you have to entertain thousands of people for an evening. I totally agree. But my goodness how nice that must feel when they all stand up and cheer at the end!
I am looking forward to so many movies that are coming out this Spring and Summer! Most all of them are based on books I’ve read so it makes it that much more exciting.
- Water for Elephants. One of my top 10 favorite books of all time. It’s romantic and has action and is just beautifully written. Plus it addresses a cause I’m passionate about- animal abuse in circuses. I have blogged about that a few times. I hope that going to see this movie will change a few peoples’ minds about going to animal circuses. I hear that Tai the elephant is amazing in this movie and I love the rest of the cast too. Christoph Waltz as August? Genius!
- Something Borrowed. I haven’t read this book, but I need to. It looks so cute and I love the cast, especially Ginnifer Goodwin and John Krasinski.
- The Help. Also in my top 10 books of all time. If you haven’t read it you REALLY have to. Like it should be part of school curriculum. They did a fabulous job casting this movie too. I adore Emma Stone.
- I know this next one isn’t coming out for a while but there has been so much buzz about it I am including it. The Hunger Games Trilogy. SQUEEEE!!! Can. Not. Wait. for this movie! So far I’m really pleased with the casting here too. I’m dying to find out who they cast as Haymitch. I’m hoping for either Robert Downey Jr or Hugh Laurie. And I really hope Kristen Chenoweth gets in there too.
What other movies should I see this Spring/Summer? What are you looking forward to?
Last night I attended a focus group. I love focus groups. You go for a couple hours and chat it up about what you do or don’t like about a product or products and they give you swag and some cash! Win win! Last night’s focus group was for a local paper products company called Carolina Pad. We discussed journals. It was fun and I left with a notebook, some bookmarks for said notebook, some schmancy paper clips, and a business card holder/wallet (the yellow thing- I’ll be regifting that as it’s not my color), all in a reusable shopping bag that folds up into its own pouch. Nice! I love Carolina Pad’s products. In fact, I had a BIG giveaway of their products on my blog a while back. Some of their school supplies have been spotted on one of my favorite shows…Glee! How cool is that?!? Their products are available nationwide and on Amazon. And they didn’t pay me for this post. I pimp because I love.
Even though I’ve never met these people I absolutely love and adore them. Please, if they are all really jackholes, don’t spoil it for me. One day I’ll have a big margarita drinking party and all these people will come over for the weekend. We’ll play tons of games and have the best time and get matching tattoos.
- Ross Matthews. He is nothing but fun and brings me joy every time I see him. I never miss an episode of Chelsea Lately when he’s on the round table.
- Kathy Griffin. Not only is she hilarious, but she is an active advocate for gay rights and an animal lover. It takes cahones to publicly stand up for something controversial, especially if you aren’t gay yourself. Bravo, Kathy!
- Kathy Griffin’s mom Maggie. Just adorable. I’d love to tip it with her and share some box wine!
- Bethenny Frankel. Cracks me up. Whip smart. Managed to walk in sky high heels while hugely pregnant and made it look good.
- Ricky Gervais. Hilarious. Love his laugh. I could listen to him talk about anything for hours. Kills me.
- Jason Bateman. Love his wit and sense of humor.
- Lauren Graham. She’s absolutely beautiful but not in that I’m a celebrity bitchy kind of way. She’s not afraid to be goofy. Love that.
- Jimmy Fallon. Adorable. Hilarious. I love that he can’t keep a straight face and cracks up all the time. Seems like a genuinely nice guy.
- Drew Barrymore. Extremely talented and beautiful but not intimidating. You just know she’s down for having a beer and that makes her very cool.