My birthday is August 3. Has been for 37.5 years. I am a textbook Leo.
• Generous and warmhearted
• Creative and enthusiastic
• Broad-minded and expansive
• Faithful and loving
• Pompous and patronizing
• Bossy and interfering
• Dogmatic and intolerant
|Leo Likes: speculative ventures, lavish living, rich food, children, drama, pageantry and grandeur
Leo Dislikes:doing anything safely, day-to-day living, small-minded people, penny-pinching and mean spiritedness
I mean, that’s me to a T! Then I find out that there’s a new zodiac sign and I’m no longer a Leo?? I’m a crabby Cancer?? No offense to other Cancers, I’m sure y’all are fabulous.
So I pulled up the traits of a Cancer and….well, it seems they kind of fit me too. Actually they REALLY fit me. Just as much as Leo!
• Emotional and loving
• Intuitive and imaginative
• Shrewd and cautious
• Protective and sympathetic
• Changeable and moody
• Overemotional and touchy
• Clinging and unable to let go
|Cancer Likes: hobbies, romance, children, parties, home and country.
Cancer Dislikes:failure, opposition, aggravating situations, being told what to do and being given advice…whether good or bad.
And I do love crab legs, but does that make me a cannibal?
Turns out CSP is the new guy, the Opiuchus. He’s NOTHING like this:
Seeker of peace and wisdom
Attractor of good luck and jealousy
Interpreter of dreams
One who reaches for the stars
Wearer of plaid (this one is oddly specific)
He does wear plaid pj pants though! Maybe they’re on to something after all!
Yesterday I loved myself and today I examine my faults. At least I’m aware of my faults. I don’t walk around thinking I’m anywhere near perfect, trust.
- I take things personally. I’m not super sensitive crying girl but I take things personally when I know I shouldn’t. It’s weird. In my head I’m like “stop it, it’s not like that” but I can’t help myself.
- I get jealous. Funnily enough, not about CSP. I trust him totally. Now, don’t you hussies go running off to try and snag him! ha! I get friend jealous. Like if I hear a friend is out with someone other than me. Again, something my head knows is weird. I don’t act on it or say anything, I just have a second or two of sulk.
- I’m a planner, which is a good thing. But when things don’t go according to plan I get out of sorts. The older I get the better I get at dealing with it, but it still sucks.
- I have zero time management skills. I’m almost always late for things. I try really hard to get everywhere on time but it just doesn’t seem to happen.
- I have anxiety. Like to the point that I’m on meds for it. That’s not something I can help so it’s not really a fault per se, but it contributes to the faults. See above.
- I start way too many projects at once. This inevitably leads to not being able to finish everything in a timely manner. Case in point: the scarf I’ve been knitting off and on for Morgan for over 2 years.
- I don’t always stand up for myself like I should.
- It drives me crazy when someone doesn’t like me. I know I’m a nice person and a good friend so when someone doesn’t like me it blows my mind.
- If I like something, like a movie for instance, and someone else doesn’t, it doesn’t make sense to me.
- I can be really bossy.
- I’m a terrible driver. But I LOVE to drive. People are mostly scared to be in the car with me. My guardian angel is WORN OUT from saving my life all day. But that angel is doing a great job cause I haven’t been in an accident or gotten a ticket in forever!
- I’m messy. In my head I’m uber organized. I LOVE to be organized. But I’m a mess. When I cook it looks like we’ve been robbed.
Ok, better stop now or I’ll need to call my therapist!
What do you love about you? I saw that as a status update on a friend’s Facebook page. Got me thinking. I think periodically we should think about what we love about ourselves. Give ourselves a lil pat on the back. So here goes:
First, the physical:
- I have good hair. Sure, it’s baby fine, thin and a little on the frizzy side lately, but it seems to do pretty well most days. I’m a natural blonde. Well, I was when I was younger. Now I’m a chemically enhanced blonde.
- I have good lips. They are nice and full with good color.
- My teeth are pretty white and pretty straight. This is a minor miracle considering I never had braces.
- I have a pink natural blush to my cheeks. It may or may not be rosacea but let’s just go with natural blush.
- I have a fairly decent complexion. This is HUGE considering the rest of my skin is a mess. I have severe eczema and I’m white to the point I’m practically flammable.
Now, for the not so physical.
- I’m pretty crafty. I can paint, knit (sort of), make jewelry, take decent pictures, scrapbook etc. And I’m great at doing makeup.
- I have nice handwriting.
- I’m a good story teller.
- I’m a good friend.
- I’m fairly witty (I’ve been told).
- I’m a great gift giver.
Alright, I better stop. Don’t want to give myself a big head. Ha! So what do YOU love about YOU?
I don’t feel my age. Although really, if you think about it, what should 36 really feel like? I’ve been thinking of the whole age thing since I saw Up in the Air. Afterward I looked up the movie on IMDB. That’s when I learned of Vera Farmiga‘s age. I think Vera is absolutely beautiful, but I was surprised to learn that I am 3 days older than her. I was also surprised when I learned Chelsea Handler‘s age. I’m 2 years older than her! She’s only 34. I think Chelsea is beautiful too, just not really 34 years old looking. The last time I was at my hair salon another customer asked how old I was and was surprised when I told her I’m 36. When my mom was 36 she was a mother of 3, two of us were already teenagers. My mom’s always looked young for her age, but I still feel like she was so much more grown up at 36 than I am. I mean, I’m responsible and all that. We own a home, we pay our bills, I had a job from the time I was 15 til just a couple years ago. But I just don’t feel like I thought 36 would feel.
I also don’t feel like I look how I thought 36 would look. I think my friends and I all turned out pretty young looking, and that includes bloggy & twitter friends. I’m not going to post all y’all’s pictures here, you know what you look like. And you look good! So here we are, a whole generation of young looking and young feeling people. Not just girls either, CSP still looks like a young stallion. I’d post a pic of him but he always looks drugged and tired in pictures so it wouldn’t really help my point here.
Also, I don’t have old interests. I’m not a huge fan of sitting around debating politics (although I will). I’m still into glitter and cute stuff and being a girl. Here’s a real life example of how I’m basically just a giant girl child…I received a text from my aunt regarding Easter dinner plans: “I’ll have unsweet tea with Splenda and I found you some cool straws.” I wonder if becoming a mother will make me feel my age, or if I’ll still be the same me, just with a mini me running around? (I’m hoping for the latter!)
I’d like to share more of my loves with you. Ready? Ok.