So you know how I sell custom painted growth charts on Etsy right? Well I got an order from a girl in Denver for a present for her nephew. She wanted it to include snowboarding, snow skiing, tennis, and Brazillian soccer. Her BIL is from Brazil. It took a while to come up with a way to incorporate all that, and even longer to paint it, but I think it came out ok! I emailed her the pictures and she loved it. She’ll be getting it tomorrow!
Month: July 2008
50 things about me
Found this over at Manicdote and thought that since my birthday is right around the corner I’d treat you all to a little bit of me. You lucky readers! ha!
1. Do you like blue cheese? gross, no.
2. Have you ever smoked a cigarette? Once. Hated it. No idea why people would do that.
3. Do you own a gun? a couple of water guns.
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? LOVE cherry limeade. Ocean water is a close second.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Nope, I’m an old pro.
6. Do you like hot-dogs? Yes! But only location hot dogs. I don’t want to eat them in my house or your house. But at a ball park or even just at Sam’s club, they are great!
7. Favorite Christmas Song? Santa Baby
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? ice cold sweet tea
9. Can you do push-ups? maybe if there was a gun to my head I could eek out a feeble attempt.
10. What’s your favorite meal? Chicken Bryan and Italian green beans at Carrabbas
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring set
12. Favorite hobby? painting, making jewelry.
13. Do you work with people who idolize you? If only!
14. Name a trait that you hate about yourself? Laziness. Combined with procrastination. Deadly combo.
16. Middle name? Arlette
17. Name 3 thoughts at this moment: Why can’t I get rid of this headache? I have so much to do. I love my birthday.
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday: nothing, but I did send out messages in bottles (invites to my pirate themed birthday game night).
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water, sweet tea. That’s it really.
20. Current worry right now? The political & economic state of our country. And when are we going to become parents. And why aren’t we independently wealthy?
21. Current hate right now? my skin. ugh- excema
22. Favorite place to be? Home.
23. How did you bring in New Years? Not 100% sure. Must not have been too exciting since I can’t remember. Probably just chilled out here with CSP.
24. Favorite place to go? Disney. Vegas. Valle Crucis. IKEA.
25. Name three people who will complete this? I have no idea. I’m not going to tag anyone specifically, so whomever wants to, feel free.
26. Whose answer do you want to read the most? Everyones!
27. What color shirt are you wearing? pale green
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Never have. But I love to sleep so sleeping on satin’s probably pretty swank.
29. Can you whistle? Just a little, and certainly not well.
30. Favorite color(s)? Aqua, pink, purple, silver
31. Would you be a pirate? OMG in a skinny minute!
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don’t. And the world thanks me for that.
33. Favorite girl’s name? Kendall
34. Favorite boy’s name? Grant
35. What’s in your pocket right now? no pockets
36. Last thing that made you laugh? CSP made a sexy rexy face at me then grabbed my hand and stuck it up his shirt to feel his sweaty belly.
37. Bed sheets as a child? Good Lawd, who knows?
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Tore my meniscus in my right knee. Still hurts.
39. Do you love where you live? It’s nice. Is it the place I’ll live for the rest of my life? I don’t know. I’m kinda digging the idea of moving somewhere totally new and fresh to us.
40. How many tv’s are in your house? 3
41. Who is your loudest friend? I don’t think anyone I know is louder than me. I don’t mean to be! I’m going deaf!
42. How many dogs do you have? The three cutest pugs ever! Kiki, Molly, & Zoe
43. Does someone have a crush on you? CSP
45. What is your favorite book? Secret Life of Bees, Water for Elephants, Their Eyes Were Watching God.
46. What is your favorite candy? Junior Mints, gummy grapefruit slices, sixlets
47. What is your favorite sports team? Carolina Panthers since I live here, Tampa Bay Bucs since I’m from there and lurve me some pirate action. Minnesota Twins because I live with CSP who’s from MN.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? I have never really thought about it. Hmm… Something fun though. Brown Eyed Girl?
49. What were you doing at 12 AM last night? Watching Project Runway with CSP
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? That CSP needs to let me sleep a little longer since his snoring kept me up so late!
It’s a Major Award!
I received this award from Pam over at 30something. Thanks Pam! It does come with some rules though.
This award comes with guidelines as follows:
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Nominate at least seven other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.
~Nevis. Love her pugs. Love her scrapbook pages. And she cracks me up.
~Lisa. Lisie makes me laugh like no one else. And she posts pics of her adorable niece.
~Michele. I like reading about her adventures in small town SC.
~Shannon. Love to read about her, Mustachio, and sweet Emily!
~Ani. Foodie. Mommie. Sweet, sweet chickie.
~Mary Mia. I can’t wait for her to update with new pics of the Twinadoes.
~Lisanne. How she has time to blog, work, take care of her 2 kids AND constantly change her blog template is beyond me!
So today I went to my very first sex toy party. It was at my friend Kim’s house and she lives at the end of my street so I didn’t have to go far to browse self pleasuring devices, whips, and sex swings. On a Sunday. Oy. It was a lot of fun and there were tons of squeals and giggles. Of course I was a guinea pig (since I know the consultant) and she sent me into the bathroom with a q-tip and some Xscream cream. Things got a little tingly after that! One girl brought her mother in law, who lives with her! I would DIE. D I E DIE. There are some things in that catalog I still just don’t understand. Like things that go up your bum. I’m way too prissy to be cleaning poo off of plugs and stuff.
I came home to find CSP at the computer looking up baseball stats.
Hey. (pause, suspicious look) Why are you looking at me like that?
Oh my God, you’re all horned up from that sex toy party aren’t you?
What do you mean?
Sara was the same way! (he was at my sister’s house hanging out with our BIL when she came home from her first party) Did you buy anything? I told you not to buy anything.
I didn’t buy much. (no electronics, just some body glitter and what not)
Oh my God, the black bag! Yep! I knew it! Get off me. Come back when you really want me and aren’t all horny cause of some machines being sold at your girlfriend’s house!
The long day and the dark knight
This morning I got up early and met my friend Z at the park so I could take family portraits of her familia. We had a good time, I just wish we had a bit more sunshine. You can see all the pics here. After the park I went downtown and met up with Papa, Gigi & Momo at the IMAX theater to see The Dark Knight. Wow was that good. I will honestly be shocked if Heath Ledger isn’t at least nominated for an Oscar. The theater was sold out and full of guys who were in awe of the movie. There were lots of hoots and hollers. After the movie we walked across the street for a late lunch at Stool Pigeons. They have a million tvs and some of them were showing the Espy’s. I wish they had sound on because Justin Timberlake looked like he was being really funny! I went home after we ate and CSP came home soon after. We played the wii for a while before bed. We’re getting pretty good at it!
What’s in a name?
DH & I were watching HGTV the other day and looked at each other in surprise when the host of the show said the homeowner’s name. Surely we heard wrong. But no. Her name was Spontaneous. And not too long ago there was a Lasagna on Price is Right. As in Italian pasta dinner Lasagna. Pronounced the same way.
I used to be a bookkeeper in college and I processed a check once from a J. Peter Semen. And our uncle swears he went to high school with a girl named Ima Hoar. I used to work with a Shasta, Valencia, and a Princess.
So what strange, unique, or weird names have you come across?
Torta del Dora
My friend Christina’s daughter Ella is turning 4 soon. And Christina was looking at Dora cakes for Ella’s party. She found this one that she liked. But custom cakes can be pricey. I looked at it and thought, maybe I could do that. So this afternoon Christina baked up the cakes and I went to her house to decorate them. I haven’t made a cake like this in years, and I need some more practice before Ella’s birthday and the real cake, but it’s not too shabby I think. width=”240″ height=”223″ alt=”First attempt at Dora cake” /> The colors of my cake aren’t as bold as they seem to be in the photograph. And we skipped the big leaves in favor of the little palm trees. The real cake will be on a cake board that will continue the river into a pond with more gators. I better whip up some icing for practice!
Why is it that every time I schedule a PhoBloDays nothing exciting goes on??? AND why do I always forget to take pictures?
Ok, so Friday was a bunch of housecleaning, waiting for the Directv guy, controlling the pugs while the Directv guy was here, then getting pretty to go out for a girls night out! A bunch of us (24 to be exact) met up at Chili’s for dinner. I enjoyed a lovely mango margarita with my dinner. Then I came home and hung out with CSP for a while before going to bed.
Saturday I woke up and went to pick up Richie from the kennel. He is my friend Candice’s dog and they were at the beach. He’s such a good boy. I got him settled at their house then came home. CSP and I had fun playing the Wii. . I checked the mail and there was a fabulous package from fabulous Pam! She totally hooked us up with all sorts of real estate magazines from Knoxville. I tell ya, Tennessee looks better and better every day! I went and took a nice nap then made dinner. I made Arroz con Pollo. Just some more hanging out with CSP then bed time!
I promise to do better next time, during Fall PhoBloDays. I thank everyone for playing!
Today is Day 1 of Summer Photo Bloggy Days. Scroll down to the last post to read all the rules and regs. There aren’t many, I promise. More like urgings or suggestions. Things you should probably be doing anyway.
Be sure to go visit the ladies listed above! Leave me a comment or email me at heyshanny at gmail dot com and I’ll add you to the list! My photos will be posted this weekend!
Summer Photo Bloggy Days!
It’s almost time for the Summer Edition of Photo Bloggy Days!
Take a picture at least once every 2 hours. Photograph everything:
your breakfast, the inside of your shower, your view when you wake
up, what you see on your commute to work, your desk, your lunch, you
get the idea! Things you think are every day and mundane to you are
interesting to us!
Post your photos of Friday &/or Saturday 7/18 & 7/19. You can do both
days to show the difference between work & play, or just the one day.
I wanted to include a business & non-business day for variety. For
those of us who don’t work outside the home, don’t fret- there’s tons
of stuff for you to photograph!
Join our Flickr PhoBloDays photogroup! http://flickr.com/groups/photobloggy/
Take pics of your day then post them later. Like you can take pics
all day Friday then post them on Saturday or Friday night. Take your
Saturday pics then post them Sunday or Saturday night or Monday even.
No need to continually post throughout the day. Although you can do
that too if you’d like. It’s totally laid back about when you post.
Just make sure your photos are of Friday and/or Saturday. The main
goal is to be able to go to different blogs and see what our bloggy
friends were doing at the exact same time. Like I wonder what Lisa in
Baltimore was doing while I was having lunch in Charlotte. That kind
Carry your camera with you all day. Start now to get into the habit.
Go to sleep with your camera by your side!
If you’d like to take part remember to leave a comment on my blog or
email me to let me know and I’ll link to you on the big day.
Hope you’ll play!