FINALLY! Sara has a diagnosis! If you haven’t heard, my sister Sara has been dealing with some medical issues for 5 years now, ever since she gave birth to Joey. She’s been exhausted, swollen, jaundiced, in pain, the works. She’s had a million tests and procedures, been to see a million doctors and specialists. Last year I took her to Wake Forest for tests. That didn’t go well. Finally this summer she went to Duke and they figured it out! Sara has Hereditary spherocytosis. Now that they know what’s wrong with her they can fix her! And unfortunately that means surgery. She will have to have her spleen removed in October, a week or so before Halloween. Because of the disease her spleen isn’t functioning as it should and that is making her sick. Removing it is her only real option. The surgery is Laparoscopic and her recovery time will be pretty short, thank goodness. The surgeon taking care of her does all of the Charlotte area splenectomies so she’s in good hands. I’m so excited for her to be able to get back to a normal life finally! No more steroids! Less blood draws! (she’s been having her blood tested every 2 weeks for years now). She’ll be feeling good in just a few weeks! Hurray! So please say a little prayer or send some good healing vibes on October 25th!
Even though I’ve never met these people I absolutely love and adore them. Please, if they are all really jackholes, don’t spoil it for me. One day I’ll have a big margarita drinking party and all these people will come over for the weekend. We’ll play tons of games and have the best time and get matching tattoos.
- Ross Matthews. He is nothing but fun and brings me joy every time I see him. I never miss an episode of Chelsea Lately when he’s on the round table.
- Kathy Griffin. Not only is she hilarious, but she is an active advocate for gay rights and an animal lover. It takes cahones to publicly stand up for something controversial, especially if you aren’t gay yourself. Bravo, Kathy!
- Kathy Griffin’s mom Maggie. Just adorable. I’d love to tip it with her and share some box wine!
- Bethenny Frankel. Cracks me up. Whip smart. Managed to walk in sky high heels while hugely pregnant and made it look good.
- Ricky Gervais. Hilarious. Love his laugh. I could listen to him talk about anything for hours. Kills me.
- Jason Bateman. Love his wit and sense of humor.
- Lauren Graham. She’s absolutely beautiful but not in that I’m a celebrity bitchy kind of way. She’s not afraid to be goofy. Love that.
- Jimmy Fallon. Adorable. Hilarious. I love that he can’t keep a straight face and cracks up all the time. Seems like a genuinely nice guy.
- Drew Barrymore. Extremely talented and beautiful but not intimidating. You just know she’s down for having a beer and that makes her very cool.