Yesterday I had the pleasure of watching Susan’s daughter Olivia for a few hours. She is 6 years old and smart as a whip. She said the FUNNIEST things! I wanted to make sure to save them for posterity.
- She was playing with the pugs when she said “I wish I could teach them to roll over. Then you could win one of those pet talent contests on tv. You’d win a 4 night cruise. I hope you don’t get seasick. You don’t do you?”
- At Grand Asia Market where she tried bubble tea for the first time – “Yours tastes like chocolate mixed with disgusting.”
- At my house – “I have the best idea for our vacation next year.” Me- Who’s vacation? Yours and your parents? O- “No, mine and yours. We’ll go on a 4 night cruise and go to Atlantis.” Me- Atlantis?? O- “Yeah, you know, the resort in the Bahamas. You know it. I have $50 at home. I don’t want you to spend all your money, so I think that will cover it. We’ll go and spend time together.”
- I was painting her nails when she said “You have the clear top coat right? Cause I don’t want any chips.”
- On the way to meet Susan I plugged my iPhone in to the car to charge. O thought I was plugging in an iPod and asked if that’s what I was doing. I said “Do you want to listen to some music?” She replied “Why can’t we just talk? Let’s talk about our lives. How was your day? Tell me about your day. What do you think the future will be like?”
She is the cutest, most articulate, most polite little thing! I had a blast!