I’m on the Comedy Zone’s email list and the other day I saw they were giving away tickets to Craig Ferguson‘s show. I replied to the email but my hopes weren’t up. They sent the email out at 10 am and I didn’t see it until 1 pm so I thought my chances were pretty slim. But somehow I won! CSP was scheduled to close at work so he couldn’t go. But I remembered that Gigi loves Craig so I called her up. I picked her up after work and we had dinner at Red Bowl. Love that place. Then we made our way to Oven’s Auditorium. The people watching was pretty top notch. We ended up with pretty good seats, especially since they were free! There was an opening guy but I don’t remember his name. Trust me though, you don’t want to see that dude’s show. He literally read his jokes from big cards in his hand. It’s like they just found him on the side of the road and said “Here, read these jokes and we’ll give you $50.” He was terrible. Then this giant genie and a little person wheeled out a treasure chest. Pardon the pics. No flash photography and I was using my old iPhone. There were a couple puppets in the treasure chest.
Then finally Craig came out. He was really cute and funny. I just love his accent! It was pretty cool to see him since I’ve seen quite a few of his movies, watched him on the Drew Carey show for so long, and also watched his late night show. Gigi commented that it must be a LOT of pressure to walk out on stage and it’s just you and a microphone and you have to entertain thousands of people for an evening. I totally agree. But my goodness how nice that must feel when they all stand up and cheer at the end!
CSP & I were doing some shopping the other day when I spotted this little guy. LOVE him! Slow Boy’s job is to help people slow down in your neighborhood when your kids are out playing but I just want him cause he’s super cute! Check out his jaunty cap! He holds his safety flag with such pride! Ooh, AND he glows in the dark! We spotted 2 slow boys glowing on the side of the road the other night. I’d just put him in the corner of the living room. A permanent, cheery little night light!
I’m hooked on Cuties! We picked up a bag at Sam’s the other day (they were a LOT less than they were at Target). They are tiny little seedless sweet mandarins. Easy to peel. SO yummy!
I get the occasional email and Facebook message from people wondering how the adoption is going. Well, up til about a month ago it was going pretty well. Our social worker came to visit and do our individual interviews last month and it went great. But we have had some more speed bumps. We are still working on the next steps I blogged about, but in the mean time we are dealing with some issues. Long story so get comfy. Continue reading
Happy Easter! Happy Spring! Hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful day!
For Earth Day CSP & I changed out all the regular bulbs in our house to CFLs , or swirly bulbs as we call them. Just the downstairs alone that was 17 bulbs! They are brighter and whiter than the old school bulbs plus our electric bill will go down I’m sure. We received 2 packages of free CFL bulbs from our electric company so that really helps with the cost. Check with your power company, they may have a similar program. And since CFLs last forever, we won’t have to replace them for years and years. We’re headed upstairs to change out those bulbs next!
So I’m a couponer now. I haven’t gone whole hog yet with a big system, but I’m doing better each week. I’m getting better deals all the time and it’s pretty exciting to start with a GIANT subtotal then walk out paying less than $20.
Things I’m NOT doing:
- Going to more than one drug store. I’m a CVS girl and I just don’t have the time or desire to bounce around from drugstore to drugstore.
- Same with grocery stores. We use the one CSP works for and the one down the street from us, plus Aldi because you just can’t beat their prices even though the don’t take coupons.
- Turning my house into a mini grocery store. We do not have a pantry. We have precious little storage space. So while this week’s deals at CVS means we’re set for body wash and lotion for like 6 months, that’s about it. I can’t be buying 47 bottles of mustard just because they are only 12 cents. We just don’t have the room. We currently have 3 bottles of mustard but they all fit in the kitchen cabinets. I refuse to turn our guest room into a bomb shelter or store steak sauce under our future kidlet’s bed.
- Paying for coupons. It just seems counterintuitive to me.
- Buying 19 papers every Sunday. I buy one. There are just 2 of us for now. Maybe when the kidlet comes home and the demand for granola bars skyrockets then I’ll shell out for more than one paper.
- Dumpster diving. I am not judging. But I am a huge priss. I can not stand dirt. I understand that people throw out their coupons and it’s just money sitting in a bin somewhere but it’s just not worth it to me. Knowing my luck I’d get stuck and have to call CSP and NOBODY wants that drama again.
- Being as efficient as I know I could be.
Right now my system is very beginner coupon girl I know. I am currently using a little accordion file coupon organizer like this one from Carolina Pad (holla! Gotta represent my favorite local office supply company) for all my loose coupons. Then I make my lists and put all the coupons I plan on using at CVS or the grocery into zip loc bags labeled with the store name. Those are all held in a little notebook in my purse with a binder clip. Binder clips are my all time favorite office supply, by the way. I’ve seen/heard of a couple methods and I’m wondering which you all prefer. I’ve seen people use the big binder. I can totally see the pros and cons of using this system. But I’ve also heard of people just filing the entire coupon insert into an accordion or hanging file and going back to clip each coupon as they need it instead of clipping all at once. I also see pros and cons with this system. What do you use and why? Thank you for your help!