This year for Halloween we went to Papa & Gigi’s house. Every year all the neighbors in their cul-de-sac gather together to eat and pass out candy. We’ve always heard about it but have never seen it in action. Sara, Marc, Jacob, Joey & I piled into their truck with our potluck dishes, card table, and chairs and joined the fun. Everything was going great til the rain started. It rained and rained. We sat out there under umbrellas ( yet somehow still getting soaked) passing out candy to the trooper trick or treaters. I went inside with Momo around 7 to do her Halloween makeup. She was a she devil & looked great!
Thank you for all of your supportive comments and emails. I heart y’all. It is hard not to get into a funk when my father comes around. I try to rise above the funk, but it doesn’t always work. So, to try and keep positive I shall share with you a few things I’m loving right now (besides you).
- Kanye West and his new song Love Lockdown. I adore him. I think he’s incredibly talented. He’s always coming out with something new and different. He is also very funny without trying to be. The video is awesome too. Very clean asthethically. He was on Ellen and showed the video this week.
- Basic Instinct by Pure Romance. It’s this tiny little bottle of roll on cologne. They say it’s unisex but I doubt CSP would let me put any on him. It smells SO good. And it smells different on every person. So who knows what it would smell like on you? I loooove it. And I didn’t expect to. And isn’t that a cool surprise when stuff like that happens? It’s a little pricey for such a teeny bottle but you don’t use but a drop so it lasts a good while.
- Body Dew by Pure Romance. It’s this spray on body oil that is most effective just after your shower, while you’re still wet. It is doing wonders for my excema. It smells great, makes your skin so soft without being greasy, and gives it a, well, dewy look.
- Love On The Inside by Sugarland. Love Sugarland. Wonder how his wife feels about him being around cutie Jennifer all the time. Favorite songs on this album: Fall Into Me, Steve Earle (minus the talky part), Come On Get Higher, Genevieve, Already Gone. Great album for a road trip. Also think cover art would make a great tattoo!
- Hocus Pocus candles by PartyLite. My favorite October candle. When I unpacked all my Halloween decorations I was so excited to unpack these candles and get them lit. When they burn the liquid wax melts into this super cool yellowy neony green color. And they smell so good!
Got the Halloween decorations out today. I usually don’t start decorating until October 1, but I couldn’t help myself. I so love the next 3 months. Constant decorating. And I love pulling out the bins of decorations. Usually each year I hit the after holiday sales (note in this case the word holiday means any given holiday and not Christmas- my HUGE pet peeve. I just wanna ask stores “Oh, so this HOLIDAY wreath, is it appropriate for Easter? Flag Day? Which holiday?”), anyway, I usually hit the after holiday sales and pick up a couple of marked down items then immediately pack them away and forget about them. So today I was psyched to see that I had done that last year.
I’m hosting Bunco this month at my house on Thursday so I need to get everything put up and looking cute. We’ll have 20 players so I’m bringing in a couple of extra tables. My house might look like a church hall when I’m done, but it will be worth it. I apparently bought some party supplies last year. Woot! No need to run out this week for plates and napkins now.
I’m looking for some easy to make, no need to keep hot Halloweeny foods for Thursday. So any ideas are appreciated.
I’m bummed though, this year Halloween is gonna be cut short. As soon as the trick or treaters are outta here I’m pulling down all the decorations and packing them away that night. Cause at the crack o’ dawn the next morning we’re hitting the road for Florida and Lisa’s wedding cruise. This means no after Halloween clearance shopping this year. Oh, the sacrifices we make for our friends. 😉 I kid, I kid.