Here’s the promised adoption update. And I won’t even make you type in the password.
I literally have anxiety about writing this out. Because it makes it true. Ugh. Here we go. So you know we switched to the Kyrgyzstan program after our Guatemala people at our agency told us to switch countries. And you know about the waiting list and how we got up to slot 3 right? And then you know how Kyrgyzstan decided that you have to make 2 trips. And even though our agency wasn’t making people do 2 trips they couldn’t guarantee we wouldn’t have to do 2 trips. And we could not afford 2 trips. Cause that extra trip was going to be at least $5,000. And then you know I had my hysterectomy over the summer and after insurance we still had to pay almost $6,000. That put a big dent in ye ole savings account.
Well, CSP wasn’t feeling right with the whole Kyrg thing. He wasn’t crazy about flying all around the world for a baby. And it just never felt “right” to him. He just knew our child was in Guatemala. And honestly, I felt the same way. I don’t know if you remember but when China booted us out of the program we just felt lost. We didn’t know what to do or where our children were. So I prayed my little heart out and literally the next week a man walked in to my house and told me to go to Guatemala to get my children. He & his wife were adopting from there.
Anyway, so CSP & I did a pros & cons list. We cried and argued and I cried some more. I was really torn. To be 3rd in line and then step out of line? For no new line? It just seemed crazy. But in the end I had to go with my husband. Because he’s my baby daddy. And marriage and parenting are all about compromise. And I knew, deep down, that he was right.
So I prayed my little heart out some more. And I called my agency and told them to take us out of the Kyrg program and put us back in the Guat line. But Guat’s on hold cause of the whole Hague Treaty thing.
So where does that leave us? Well, we’re 1st in line with our agency to get started with Guat again when they start doing adoptions again. They are predicting that we will be able to finish up our dossier this spring. If all goes well, and that’s a key phrase, then ideally we’d get a referral by the end of summer and could meet our daughter soon after. Of course we wouldn’t be able to bring her home for quite a few months while everything is being processed. And who knows what process changes the Hague will bring.
I was really REALLY stressed about the whole thing for a long time. That’s why I haven’t shared anything about it on here. But then I just let go. I know it’s not up to me. I’m doing everything on my end to make us a family. The rest is up to Guatemala, the US, & God. Once I let go I felt a lot better about it. More at peace. I know I’ll be a mom someday. It’s just taking a
little lot longer than I’d planned. BUT that’s a good thing in the end. It’s all about timing. If we’d gotten our child a year ago it would have been a nightmare trying to deal with a baby AND a hysterectomy and 2 carpal tunnel surgeries. And now a knee surgery.
I know He knows what He’s doing. But I still remind him to please bless us with children every night when I say my prayers. 😉