i’m looking for a night light. i saw it once at this cool shop in blowing rock, nc and i should have bought it then. it’s silver with blue inset that glows when the light is on. it’s in the shape of the eiffel tower. i can’t find one online anywhere. the same line of nightlights also includes a tv, spaceship, fishbowl, etc. does anyone know where i can find this?
ikea trip update
again, i’m beside myself i’m so excited. our list is growing. we’re going the weekend of april 13th & 14th which will be awesome because it’s at the tail end of tax season so i’ll need a break. who knew i’d be so excited to go to some furniture store? but every time i look at the catalog i see something else i want. i just can’t wait!
so last night we went to champps with will and stacy for the big set up. it was a lot of fun. i like both of them a whole lot. he thought she was really nice and she thought the same, although she thinks he’s a little young for her. (it’s only a 4 year gap…look at cher!) we had great table conversation and when they left jon and i stayed to catch the end of the indiana-duke game where indiana totally upset duke and the place went wild. it was packed anyway but people went nuts they were so excited for indiana. i know we should probably pull for duke, but they always win and it’s nice to see the underdog win for once. the coach was so happy he almost made me cry.
anyway, stace did say she’d like to see will again. so i feel like my work here is done.
brought to you by smattering.
1. What is your favorite time of year? definitely autumn, followed by winter, spring and summer.
2. What is it about your favorite season that, well, makes it your favorite season? the air & the sky. the air always feels so crisp, yet the sun still shines so it’s still just warm enough. and the sky looks so blue when it’s nice and crisp out. plus i love halloween, hot tea, sweaters, mittens, thanksgiving, and knowing that christmas is right around the corner.
3. What is your least favorite time of year? Why? summer. it’s soo hot here and i just can’t stand it.
4. Do you do anything to celebrate or recognize the changing of seasons? i guess not. i mean, we celebrate seasonal holidays, but that’s about it. maybe when we have kids we’ll do something significant to celebrate.
5. What’s your favorite thing to do outside? picnics complete with lawn games like croquet or volleyball. and a good boat ride is always fun.