Tuesday afternoon we took Blanca to get a good wash and vacuum then went to pick up Papa & Gigi. We drove down to Columbia and picked up Momo & Ian after a quick tour of their new digs. Then it was off to Shealy’s for my birthday dinner! Half the fun was just getting there as we somehow managed to pack 6 full grown adults into my little RAV4! Can you see Ian in the waaay back? Everyone got their fill of bbq and fried chicken. SO YUM. I think all the chicken gave Papa the crazies. Look at this face! I don’t know why CSP makes these faces, he knows he’s going on the internet! We had a great time! It was certainly worth the drive.
Your guests might want to do a little early Christmas shopping when you tell them they’ll save 50% on three popular styles when they spend $31 in September. For every $31 they spend, they’ll choose one of these:
- Zipper Pouch
- Card Caddy with 31 Celebrate Cards
- Select Wallets – Coin Purse, Essentials Zip, Hard Case, Organizing or Soft Wallet
Thirty-One then you want to host some kind of party!!!
I’m a working girl again! Well, sort of. My friend Shannon gave birth to a baby girl in May. She’s transitioning back into work by going part time right now. So I’m taking care of the baby on days when Shannon’s working. Baby Colleen is super cute and super sweet and pretty low key. Newborns don’t do much other than eat, poop, and sleep, but she’s starting to smile more and that’s really sweet!
I have two girl crushes. One is Lee Anne Wong from the Cooking Channel. She is on a show called Unique Eats that CSP watches all the time. I noticed her voice first. She has a great voice. I mentioned ONE TIME to CSP that I thought she was pretty and now every time she’s on the screen he yells “There’s your girlfriend!” You know how he is.
My other girl crush is Mila Kunis. I liked her on That 70’s Show just fine but really started liking her when she was in that movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Then Black Swan sealed the deal. She has a great voice too. Plus she’s funny. I can’t wait to see her in Friends With Benefits.
I haven’t told CSP about Mila yet. I can’t have him yelling in the movies.
The other night I went to see Horrible Bosses with my mom, Papa, & Momo. Afterward we stopped by Steak & Shake for milkshakes. We got to talking about who could name all the states and the next thing you know we’re all drawing out the map of the US and trying to name states and capitols. I was impressed at how much we all remembered!
There are some things I just can not do. Or, at least can not do well.
- Sing. Sure, I can physically sing a song, but it won’t be in any key you’ve ever heard, although your dog might join in.
- Dance. I have no rhythm. None. Even when I’ve had a couple grown up drinks and think I do? I do not.
- Back up in a car. Just ask my recycle bins, shrubbery, and neighborhood children.
- Cut things. I can not chop, slice, dice, or Julienne. I mean I can do it, but my knife skills rival that of a blind 2 year old. Once at my birthday dinner my MIL wanted me to cut the cake, which was a beautiful cheesecake she made from scratch. I made one erratic, sloppy slice that took considerable effort on my part (and I thought looked pretty good for me) and my MIL quickly gathered everything up and ran back to the kitchen to cut the cake herself.
- Stay still. I’m a fidgeter. I have tons of nervous energy. I just can’t be still. Waiting in a line quietly is full on TORTURE.
- Watch a movie without saying a word, laughing out loud, crying out loud, or screaming. I can’t help myself, I get into movies. Don’t believe me? Ask my sisters why they fight about who HAS to sit next to me, not who GETS to.
…they pull me back in. To the hospital that is. CSP & I were just talking about that I had finally gone a full year without being in the hospital when Thursday night happened. I was really uncomfortable at dinner. Then as we were trying to go to sleep the uncomfortableness turned into flat out pain. Not just standard crampy pain but specific knifing pain in my lower right abdomen. I googled it and Google said I had appendicitis. So I called the nurse line for my insurance and they said to get to a hospital. So I woke CSP up and off we went. By this time I could barely stand. I hadn’t had this type of pain since my fallopian tube twisted and had to be removed. Luckily it wasn’t that busy at the ER. We got there around 2 and didn’t get to leave til 10 am. They did a CT Scan with contrast and ruled out appendicitis. Then they said “Do you still have your ovaries?” What? Yeah, I guess I do. I totally forgot about my ovaries! I have no use for them so I never think of them. So they did an ultrasound and an internal ultrasound and found the problem. I had a very large cyst rupture. They prescribed me some nice pain meds and put me on bed rest for a week. I have PCOS so ovarian cysts aren’t unfamiliar but I haven’t had one rupture since before my hysterectomy. Put quite a kink in plans! CSP was off work for 4 days and we had so much planned. But at least he was home to take care of me!