I’m thankful for the movies. I love escaping for 2 hours. I love everything about the movies. The big, comfy seats, the snacks, the sounds, being surrounded by people who love the movies too. I love going to the movies more than renting them, but there’s something to be said for cuddling up in bed with CSP & the pugs and watching a movie in our room.
Today I drove down to Columbia with Papa & Gigi to see Momo. We toured her apartment, went to lunch, then saw I am Number Four. During the movie Papa complained to Gigi that “Shanny’s really beating me up over here.” Gigi said “That’s why I didn’t want to sit next to her!” There were some scary parts! I get jumpy! It was a good movie in a beautiful new (to me) theatre. After we had bubble tea. Papa’s first time- that was fun to watch! The Bubble Tea Cafe has popping pearls! I’d never had those before. They were so cool- they’d pop open in your mouth and would be full of flavored liquid.
Momo’s balcony overlooks the pool. Her apartment is WAY too nice for college kids, but that’s all that lives there! What happened to living in a dump during college? Sitting on a sofa you bought at a yard sale with books under one leg to keep you from tipping over? They have hardwood floors, stainless steel appliances, beautiful cabinets, and just look at this pool! It was a warm day today so all the kids were out at the pool. There was volleyball, corn hole, football throwing, more beer cans overflowing trash cans and littering the ground than you’d see at an outdoor concert. There had to be 150 kids out there. It was like a scene from MTV Spring Break. Amazing. How do they study?? Anyway, we had a great day then hit the road for the ride home.
On the highway on the way home we spotted:
- a brown duck walking along the shoulder, no water in sight.
- A bunch of what looked like fog. We got closer and it was smoke because the median was ON FIRE. No one around. So weird!
- Gigi noticed a mini van with its interior light on. We got closer and realized the driver was READING A BOOK. Not a map, not a piece of paper with directions. A book. Like a big, hard cover novel. INSANE.
I’d like to share more of my loves with you. Ready? Ok.
- Lauren Graham. LOVE her. I think she’s beautiful, just beautiful. And fun. I wanna have game night with her. Love her in her new show Parenthood. Great cast all around in that show.
- Zoe’s little back feet. They rank right up there as 2 of my most favorite things in the world. They are tiny and soft and squishy and she lets me squish them and rub them and hold them while she sleeps.
- Movies. Love, love, love going to the movies. Love the pre-movie ritual of loading up on candy at the Dollar Store then stuffing all of it in my purse to sneak in. I love the previews. I love staying through the credits at the end. My favorite place to sit is in the row with those rails so we can put our feet up. I can’t wait to dress up in our pajamas and take our kidlets to the movies. We are very lucky that the movie theatre near us only costs $5 each if you go anytime Monday- Thursday. My family is made up of lots of movie lovers so there’s always someone to go a matinee with. Surprisingly though CSP is not a huge going to the movie fan. He would rather watch dvds at home, which is also fun. Snuggling with the pugs on the sofa. After I watch each movie I always go to IMDB and read all the trivia about it.
- Starbucks Dark Cherry Mocha. Oh Em Gee. If I could buy this by the gallon I would. It’s like a chocolate covered cherry, but not too sweet. I can’t wait to try it in the frappe form. Because of this drink I am now the mayor (love getting a crown!) of my local Starbucks on Foursquare. Now, the photo of the Dark Cherry Mocha on the Starbucks site is shown in a glass mug. That makes me gag. I can not stand hot drinks in see through glass containers. Vomit. I have no idea why but it creeps me out sooo much.
- Free Samples. I’m a sucker. I get at least one a week in the mail. I get an email each day that takes me to links for free samples. CSP can’t stand it because it means our names are on lists all over the junk mail world but I just love a free sample. I love anything mini. Just found out I also love Burt’s Bees new toothpaste because of the free sample! By the way, CSP is convinced the company is called Burt’s Beeswax.
- Fruity Margaritas.
- This picture. Brings me joy and makes me laugh every time I see it.
Peach and mango are my faves. They are my downfall. Because of my insulin resistance I’m on meds that mean I’m not supposed to drink any large amounts of alcohol AND I process alcohol faster than most people. Plus I tend to suck those suckers down with a quickness. Translation: I’m a cheap drunk. One giant ‘rita like this and I’m a squinty, giggly fool.
Thursday Momo came up and met me to have a little sister date. We had a quick dinner at my favorite Mexican joint where all the waiters drooled over Momo the whole time. Then we zipped over to the dollar store for movie candy before going to see Avatar in 3d. OMG this movie is just fabulous. I want to see it again! I can’t remember if/when I’ve ever seen a 3d movie in the theatre before. Thankfully they’ve moved on from those red & blue saran wrap paper glasses. We were given black Risky Business glasses with clear lenses. I swear I just wanted to climb into the screen and live on Pandora. I loved all the glow in the dark stuff! So good. I’m glad we waited to see it after the crowds died down cause I went straight into my ugly cry. Momo & I had a great time. I love spending time with her!
Today Gigi & I met up for lunch. We had lots to talk about, what, with my trip ending so horribly and all. After lunch we went to the theatre to try and see New Moon. But as we walked up we noticed a huge long line. We made some back up choices. I asked the ticket lady about the line. She said it was for the 3:50 showing but the 3:15 showing was still available, that they had only sold 60% of the available tickets. It was 3:20. She said they were still showing previews. We bought our tickets then I stood in line for the drinks while Gigi went to get our seats. We made it in! It was so good! I hate all the team Edward & team Jacob stuff I’m seeing because I can’t pick! I wanna be on both teams! The only thing I don’t like about these movies is wooden Kristen Stewart. I’m sure she’s a lovely girl but come on! She sounds and looks the same when she’s opening a birthday present or when she’s supposed to be terrified. She’s gonna bite that lip right off! At one point I noticed out of the corner of my eye Gigi’s hand was outstretched. She was reaching for Jacob. Bahaha! We felt a bit like pervy cougars but YOU try looking at shirtless wolf boys and sparkly vamp guys for 2 hours and not drool a bit. Or at least let out a little “Oh my!”
Because we are loyal customers, Directv has given us 3 free months of Showtime. We’ve been watching some movies lately. Now I shall tell you about them.
•Bound – love Jennifer Tilly. Gina Gershon is bad ass.
•Lara Croft, Tomb Raider- love Angelina Jolie. It was weird watching Angelina speak with a British accent while Daniel Craig spoke like an American. Fun movie.
•Margot at the Wedding- You’d think with the cast of Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and Jack Black that this movie wouldn’t be such a waste of 90 minutes. You’d think that, but you’d be wrong. Wrong and annoyed that such a stupid, boring movie could be made.
•Charlie Bartlett- Hope Davis and Robert Downey Jr are fabulous in this. Fell in love with the kid who plays Charlie Bartlett. Delightful movie.
•Good Luck Chuck – Jessica Alba is cute as can be. And i love penguins. That’s the end of the good things I can say about this movie. This movie confirms my desire to never see or hear Dane Cook speak again.
That’s it so far. There Will be Blood is supposed to record soon. I drink your milkshake!
One of CSP’s favorite dudes is Rob Zombie. Rob Zombie’s got his new movie Halloween 2 out right now, but it’s his upcoming movie that we’re most excited about. It’s an animated film, The Haunted World of El Superbeasto featuring the voices of Paul Giamatti, Rosario Dawson, Sheri Moon Zombie, Tom Papa, and Brian Posehn.
Rob Zombie Presents – The Haunted World of El Superbesto RedBand Trailer
Rob Zombie Presents – The Haunted World of El Superbesto “Halloween Clip”
Worldwide premiere On-Demand and on Pay-Per-View September 7th, 2009. In theaters September 12th and available on DVD and Blu-ray September 22nd. Visit the official movie website at www.elsuperbeasto.com for more information about the movie, clips, photos, and more!
I love the cast & can’t wait to see it!