- eBay. Don’t be all like “Dude, I was loving eBay back in 2001.” Yeah, I know. But I went a while without shopping on eBay and over the last year I’ve gotten back into it. There are some serious deals to be had. I fell in love with these earrings at a Lia Sophia jewelry party a while back. But they were like $24 or something. I found them on eBay for $6. With shipping. They are my absolute favorite earrings.
- My latest eBay purchase is actually a birthday present from CSP. I’ve been coveting my sister Sara’s Black Rapid camera strap. Well, those sell for upwards of $50. I found it on eBay for $18 with shipping! Mine may be a different brand, I’m not sure as it came from Brooklyn and while it was new in the package (like the earrings-used earrings would be gross) it has a Q on it instead of an R. Whatever. It works the same and now we have $$ left over! I love it so much! It holds the camera down on your hip so it’s not bouncing off the girls right in my way. LOVE.
- Revlon Scents of Summer Nail Polish. Scented nail polish. At first I was dubious. I bought the Coconut Crush and the Ocean Breeze at CVS for less than $1 each with coupons. I use the Ocean Breeze on my toes (makes me feel like a mermaid) & the Coconut Crush on my fingers. It really smells like coconuts! Plus the colors are fab. I painted Olivia’s nails with the aqua as the base and white polka dots. She said her hands smelled “refreshing”.
- Cuddling in the bed watching movies with CSP & the pugs.
- Adele. Buy her album 21. It’s amazing. I can’t stop listening to it. 19 is fabulous too, but right now 21 is on repeat in my car.
Small town entertainment
We live in a very small suburb of Charlotte. Since I’ve gotten into couponing I go to the CVS down the street every Sunday evening for my weekly coupon trip. Well, there’s apparently not much else going on at that CVS because every week the girls who work there call out to each other when I’m ready to check out. “She’s ready! Get up here!” Then a small crowd forms to watch to see how much I pay out of pocket for my goods. They all know me by sight now and all ask where is CSP if he’s not with me. Then they guess how much I’ll save when they are ringing me up. It’s starting to feel like a behind the shed dice game or something! It’s a lot of pressure now to save a whole lot since their entertainment is riding on it as well as my budget! Sunday is coming…wish me luck! By the way, the good pictured at right were $106.06 but I paid $26.
Birds gettin’ a raw deal, yo
Recent conversation with CSP:
CSP: What if you were a bird and you were afraid of heights?
Me: You’d just walk around instead of flying.
CSP: That would be terrifying. Cars everywhere. You’re in traffic. No one can see you cause you’re so small. And you have no access to decent medication. I mean, what are you supposed to do? Walk in to CVS, spread your wings and go “Yeah I’m covered, generic is fine.”