- Under the Dome by Stephen King.
- Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
- Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
- Life As I Blow It by Sarah Colonna
- The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
- Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
- MWF Seeking BFF by Rachel Bertsche
- I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
- Every Secret Thing by Laura Lippman
- What Happened To Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
- Fallen by Karin Slaughter
- Somebody To Love by Kristan Higgins
- Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close
- It Looked Different On The Model by Laurie Notaro
- Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella
- Bad Monkey by Carl Hiaasen
- Full Moon Bride by Shobahn Bantwal
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Cover of Snow Flower And The Secret Fan
- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
- The Next Accident by Lisa Gardner
- Margot by Jillian Cantor
Am currently reading Orange is The New Black by Piper Kerman. Can’t put it down! I’m embarrassed at the lack of reading I’ve done this year! Pitiful! Usually I’ve read this many books by Spring! Must do better next year!
Cover of The Hunger Games
I haven’t updated this list since June and this summer I did a lot of reading. I’m including short reviews for each book. Here we go:
- Night by Elie Weisel. EVERYONE should read this book. Around 100 pages, but the hardest 100 pages to get through. So worth it though.
- Exposure by Brandilyn Collins. via Kindle for iPhone. With the exception of the main character’s lame first name (Kaycee, ugh)…it was good! Esp for a free Kindle book!
- 206 Bones by Kathy Reichs. Love her.
- Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson. Very cute book. Also a Kindle free read. There’s a sequel I can’t wait to read.
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson. Currently working on this one.
- Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot. Very cute book. Funny.
- Big Boned by Meg Cabot. See above.
- The Shack by William P. Young. Thought provoking
- Look Again by Lisa Scottoline. Tense. Good.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Should be required reading. Fantastic.
- Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris… Love! It’s book 1 of the Sookie Stackhouse books.
- Living dead in Dallas. by Charlaine Harris. Hooked on this series
- Precious /Push by Sapphire. Surprisingly short. Full of foul language and behavior. Glad I read it but wouldn’t read again.
- Club Dead by Charlaine Harris. Still loving this series
- Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. Fun read! Very girlie.
- Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris. This book is where you really notice the split from the tv series. I kinda wish the tv show would stay more true to the books.
- Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris
- Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris. This one got REALLY corny! But I’m invested and I want to see what happens!
- The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. SO good. Haunting. Had no idea it was a Young Adult book until after I read it.
- Hunger games by Suzanne Collins. Amazing. Seriously. Devoured this and Catching Fire in one weekend.
- Catching fire by Suzanne Collins. Could not put down. Great characters, storyline. Can totally see as a movie. Can’t wait for book 3!
- Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler. Ok, but not nearly as funny as Are You There God, It’s Me, Chelsea. I only laughed out loud like once. She even said on her show that she was rushing to finish this book and you could totally tell.
- Maneater by Gigi Levangie Grazer. Listened to this one on the way out to the Outer Banks on CD. It was pretty good. Light stuff for a road trip.
- Anyone But You by Jennifer Cruisie. Listened to this on the way home from the Outer Banks on CD. Wish we had picked this one first to listen to instead of Maneater. Super cute and we were both disappointed when we arrived home before the story was over. Immediately checked the book out of the library and finished the story. Would be a really cute Rom Com movie.
- Altogether Dead by Charlaine Harris. I think this is the one that deals with Hurricane Katrina. I really liked how she dealt with it.
- Guernsey Literary & Potato Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. Delightful! Just a lovely book. I’m so glad I read this. Loved the letters format, loved the depiction of WW2. Not as romanticized as other books I’ve read. Wished there was more book to read. As soon as I finished it I instantly missed the characters.
Image via Wikipedia
- The Cinderella Deal by Jennifer Crusie Very cute. Could definitely be a movie.
- Wild Ride Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer. Liked this a lot more than I thought I would. After the first chapter I almost stopped reading it but I’m sure glad I didn’t.
- Nature Girl by Carl Hiaasen. Funny & clever.
- Undone by Karin Slaughter. Very good. Creepy. Sticks with you. Unfortunately once I was finished reading this I found out it’s the book that brings together 2 of Slaughter’s series. So now I’m going to go back and read all the books I skipped. Doh!
- Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris. Liked this one a lot. A little more somber. She didn’t do as much “Previously on Sookie’s life” as she’s done before and that made it much more enjoyable.
I have been using a fun app on my iPhone called Get Glue
. Every time you read a book or watch a movie or a show or listen to music you check in. This has been a fun way to keep tabs on my reading list. You earn badges that they actually mail you in sticker form! Fun! Unfortunately I couldn’t find all my check ins from when I was reading these books. That would have helped with this post. I suppose I’ll use Goodreads
more often so my mini reviews will be saved.
Since my last post in June
I’ve read all the books starting at #11. Keep in mind I had pneumonia and was sick for pretty much all of June so reading was about all I could do!
Next on my list is Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I’m on the wait list at the library for that one. I’m also reading Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
. So far it is very intriguing!