I have had a Google Voice Phone Number for a good while now, almost 2 years I think. I love it. We’ve used it a lot and it totally saved us when my Blackberry died in Vegas. I was able to get on a hotel computer and text CSP’s dad using my Google voice number. Now that I have my iPhone (replaced that Crackberry as soon as we got back to CLT with the iPhone) I use my Google Voice number to text for free. I get 200 texts for $5 with my plan. But with my Google Voice App I can text all I want for free! Woot! I just sent out a message letting everyone know it’s me. Your Google voice number is a regular phone number. It’s a great number to have if you need to give out a contact number but you don’t want to give out a personal number. Win win!
5 minutes with myself 10 years ago
The Daily Post offers up topics about which to write when you’re looking for inspiration for your daily blog posts. One struck my fancy a few days ago.
If you could go back in time and have a 5 minute conversation with yourself ten years ago, what would you say?
I thought this was pretty interesting because we are coming up on our 10th wedding anniversary, so if I were to go back in time right now to 10 years ago I’d find myself in the final countdown to the wedding. This is some of what I’d say to myself:
- Hire a videographer for the wedding. I know you think you can’t afford it but you’ll regret it years from now that you didn’t.
- Push that piece of hair out of your face. It’s caught on your eyebrow and drives you nuts every time you look at your wedding pictures.
- Tuck some lip gloss in your bra. You get a little stressed at the reception because you can’t find any.
- Take that wedding gift money and buy stock in Apple. They are going to invent the iPod and it’s going to change the way the world listens to music.
- In a few years you’re going to be tempted to build a house by CP Morgan. RUN from this company. They are the devil and will cause you nothing but stress.
- One day you’re going to meet a girl who you think will be a great friend. She’s not. Don’t waste your time investing in this friendship.
- Take some more of that wedding money and buy into the Walt Disney Vacation Club. You’re going to fall in love with their cruise ships and the club will save you money.
- Spend a little extra time over the next year with Jade and Melissa. They will both pass away at a young age.
- Moisturize. Moisturize even when you think you’ve moisturized plenty.
- Wear SPF at all times.
- When you’re selling the house in Fort Mill, don’t run through the kitchen. There’s water on the floor and you slip causing you to tear your meniscus. This results in surgery. Might as well avoid it!
- Don’t color your hair with box color at home. You end up with hooker hair.
- When you’re in Las Vegas next week on your honeymoon, get up a little earlier on your planned Grand Canyon day. It’s a heck of a lot farther away than you thought!
- Don’t spend even one second being nervous. Soak in every second of this week’s wedding activities and next week’s honeymoon. You’re marrying the best man you’ve ever known. He’ll make you happy forever. The best thing you’ve ever done was saying yes.
When I was thinking about this list I thought about maybe warning myself against getting into the China adoption or Guatemala adoption because neither of them worked out. But so much good came out of all of them. Friendships were made that would have never been made otherwise and they’ve lasted. Plus, we are a sum of our experiences and even though it would save some pain and a lot of money and stress, I wouldn’t change anything in regard to the adoptions . I’m exactly where and who I’m supposed to be now because of all I’ve been through.
What would you tell yourself 10 years ago?
Change is good
I love these free iPhone wallpapers by Anne Taintor. I like to change out my iPhone wallpaper periodically. These have been updated since the last time I saw them. These are my 2 favorites. Sassy.